All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionThis book bridges an existing gap in the literature relating to the study of workplace abuse, incivility and bullying. It provides broad perspectives to capture some of the diversity associated with the study of (negative) human behaviours using different methodological approaches, and in different cultural contexts. Studies in the area have grown in leaps and bounds over the last few decades. As we come to kw more about the nature of these adverse behaviours, the reasons they happen, and the impact they have on individuals and beyond, new gaps in kwledge emerge. On one hand the paucity of research is assisting in better understanding and management of these negative behaviours, on ather, generalised information without an appreciation of the context in which the behaviours unfold may be detrimental to the cause, especially given a globalised and multicultural world. Workplace Abuse, Incivility and Bullying presents findings from under-researched methodological, and unique cultural perspectives. Such an approach will allow us to gain deep insights into the diversity and complexities associated with perceiving, being subjected to, and experiencing negative behaviours at work. The book has applicability across a broad range of audience from academics through to practitioners, and even victims and suspected perpetrators.
- Author BiographyMaryam Omari is Associate Professor in the School of Business in the Faculty of Business and Law, Edith Cowan University. Her research interests lie in dignity and respect at work, cross-cultural management, quality of work-life issues and parallels between behaviours of animals in the natural world and those of humans at work. Megan Paull is a co-director of the Centre for Responsible Citizenship and Sustainability, Director of Postgraduate Research and a Senior Lecturer in the School of Management and Governance at Murdoch University. Her research interests are in the areas of volunteering and nonprofit organisations, bullying and organisational behaviour and learning and teaching in higher education.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/10/2015
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byMaryam Omari,Megan Paull
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.