All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionDemosthenes (384322 BCE), orator at Athens, was a pleader in law courts who later became also a statesman, champion of the past greatness of his city and the present resistance of Greece to the rise of Philip of Macedon to supremacy. We possess by him political speeches and law-court speeches composed for parties in private cases and political cases. His early reputation as the best of Greek orators rests on his steadfastness of purpose, his sincerity, his clear and pungent argument, and his severe control of language. In his law cases he is the advocate, in his political speeches a castigator t of his opponents but of their politics. Demosthenes gives us vivid pictures of public and private life of his time. The Loeb Classical Library edition of Demosthenes is in seven volumes.
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication01/12/1939
- Series TitleLoeb Classical Library
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight300 g
- Width110 mm
- Height170 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Translated byA.T. Murray
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.