All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaking a major purchase of a lathe, a milling machine or combination lathe/mill, whether manually operated or using computer numerical control (CNC), is a daunting prospect for any model engineer. This book provides practical advice on how to make the selection bearing in mind the particular needs of the individual. It provides descriptions and technical data about the wide range of machines and accessories available from UK, European, American and Far East manufacturers. It also looks at the many different types of tooling fixtures and accessories that may be required. This book will be welcomed by all model engineers who are setting up a home workshop or planning a major equipment acquisition.
- Author BiographyAlex Weiss has a PhD in mechanical engineering from University College London and has been a practicing model engineer for the last twenty years. He has already produced three earlier volumes in the Workshop Practice Series is also a contributor to Model Engineer magazine.
- Author(s)Alex Weiss
- PublisherSpecial Interest Model Books
- Date of Publication28/10/2010
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Series TitleWorkshop Practice
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 46
- Place of PublicationHemel Hempstead
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpecial Interest Model Books
- Content Note191 black and white photographs; 24 tables of data
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.