All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionWorld Affairs in Foreign Films offers teachers and students of Middle School the opportunity to experience foreign cultures through the power of film. There are 12 chapters about 12 films from 12 countries, using a a multi-disciplinary format of analyzing each film from 9 perspectives: history, geography, government, ecomics, literature, critical thinking, media studies, art, and techlogy. At the end of each perspective are activities and assignments with answers for all the questions. Group activities focus on problem solving, critical thinking, analysis, synthesis, sharing and discussing ideas.This text teaches Global Education, General Culture, How to Think and Learn, and Diversity of cultures. Film is a fun way to learn for visual learners and film offers students the pleasure of traveling to learn.
- Author BiographyRoberta Seret, Ph.D., has her Masters in French Language and Literature and her Doctorate in Comparative Literature. She is director of Advanced English and Film at the United Nations for the Hospitality Committee and President and founder of the NGO, International Cinema Education at the United Nations. She has created a Global Classroom at the U.N. for students of all ages where she uses film to teach global education.
- Author(s)Roberta Seret
- PublisherInternational Cinema Education
- Date of Publication24/02/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInternational Cinema Education
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.