All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
About this product
- DescriptionThis report is a pilot cross-country study that summarises 10 years (1998-2008) of the World Bank's engagement at the state level in selected large federal countries and combines elements of a country assistance evaluation and a thematic review. It looks at several strategic and operational questions posed by state-level engagement, among them the selection of states, the scope, and the modalities of engagement. According to the report, two tendencies - often in tension - featured in most approaches for selection of states for direct engagement. One was to support better-performing, reformist states, while the other was to support the poorest states as a more direct route to reducing poverty. Overall, the study confirms the desirability of continued selective lending in a few focus states. Among other findings: the Bank's engagement with progressive reformist states has added value and has been highly appreciated, but in order to enhance the poverty impact of state level interventions, greater weight should be given to the needs of poorest states by balancing states' propensity to reform and the concentration of poverty within them; continued focus on public finance management appears sound, irrespective of whether engagement is confined to this area or serves as an entry point for broader engagement; there is considerable scope for greater impact from kwledge transfer between states and countries and expanded kwledge services to the state-level clients.
- Author(s)World Bank
- PublisherWorld Bank Publications
- Date of Publication15/05/2010
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleIndependent Evaluation Group Studies
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWorld Bank Publications
- Content Noteill.
- Weight381 g
- Width213 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.