Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionProminent in the minds of contemporary educational leaders and policy makers are the unique challenges facing 21st century students and educators. The techlogically advanced society in which we live requires us to reevaluate many aspects of teaching and learning. In political, entrepreneurial and academic circles, numerous philosophies of education and pedagogical strategies have surfaced with the intent of identifying and deliberately addressing the shortcomings of our current educational system. Written from the front lines of the classroom, to benefit all stakeholders, World Class, The Re-education of America, offers grassroots answers to students, teachers, parents, administrators and policy makers alike. This book illustrates that a shift in perspective can inspire the re-birth of an educational system by horing the strengths of each individual. The authors offer a model for a high energy, authentic, and successful classroom! By referencing personal stories, derived from thirty years of journaling and direct classroom experiences, the authors highlight some of the inequities and shortcomings of our current educational system. Using a pilot program as a springboard for sharing their observations as well as their trials and tribulations, the authors lead the reader down a pathway that explores educational philosophies while providing tangible ways to propel us forward. The how-to format guides educators toward a realization that they, too, can begin to offer their children and students a World Class education, a class to which this generation truly belongs. It is a must read for all stakeholders who appreciate how integral a role our educational system plays in shaping our personal, national and global success. World Class, The Re-education of America, is for all readers who kw that the system is broken and that it is too important t to fix it.
- Author BiographyFrancoise Piron was born and raised in Geneva, Switzerland. She is the daughter of a French mother and a Belgian father. Piron has been teaching French for the last 25 years. Her undergraduate education took place in Geneva, and she received a Masters in Education (ITMM, Instructional Technology and Media Management) from SUNY Potsdam. Piron has been an item writer and consultant at the State Education Department for the NYS French Regents Exams and the NYS French Language Proficiency Exams since 1990. Since 2008, Piron has been the pilot co-teacher of, I am a citizen of the world, a course in Media Literacy designed and co-taught by Mary Ellen Shevalier. She has co-presented the course at numerous venues, including SUNY Oswego and NECC (National Educational Computing Conference) in San Diego, CA. Piron is the author of the published article, Nine Steps to Diversity: Combining Art, French, and Technology in a Collaborative Journey and a Multi-layered Project. Piron is the recipient of two awards, the ISE, Language Matters award (2009) and the Dorothy Ludwig Memorial award for outstanding service to the foreign language teaching profession (2010). She is a firm believer in teaching children rather than teaching subject matter. She proudly emphasizes global equality in all aspects of her professional and personal life. Mary Ellen Kalil Shevalier is a native of Syracuse, N.Y. and resides in Henderson, N.Y. She holds a duel B.F. A. from Syracuse University in Fine Arts & Synaesthetic Education, a MFA and an Educational Administration degree from SUNY@ Oswego. She has been an Art Educator for the past 28 years. She is a member of many professional organizations that span the areas of Educational Administration, National Education Association, Technology, English, and Art. Shevalier is a strong advocate of holistic education at the local, national, and international levels for which she has received several distinctions throughout her professional career. Shevalier is a three time recipient of the outstanding teacher of the year award, in the areas of art, dance and technology. She has received the Disney Salutes the American Teacher Award as one of sixty overall top educators in the country. Shevalier is the designer of a 21st century media literacy curriculum entitled, I am a Citizen of the World. Shevalier profoundly believes in the importance of education as the single most powerful tool to heal our society and our world.
- Author(s)Francoise Piron,Mary Ellen Shevalier
- PublisherSheviron, LLC
- Date of Publication15/02/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSheviron, LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.