Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $37.52
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2003, the World Disasters Report focuses on ethics and aid. What are the key ethical dilemmas facing humanitarian aid in the 21st century? This text examines the ethical dilemmas raised by complex emergencies such as post-conflict situations, natural disasters and forgotten crises, and analyses how the political agenda of dors affects the aid industry, humanitarian principles and vulnerable people. The report also explores why it took so long for dors to respond to the southern Africa famine; probes the dilemmas facing recovery efforts in Afghanistan; and examines why, while internally displaced persons are on the international agenda, the issue of ecomic migrants remains poorly understood.
- PublisherInternational Federation of Red Cross & Red Crescent Societies, Switzerland
- Date of Publication30/06/2003
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationGeneva
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintInternational Federation of Red Cross & Red Crescent Societies, Switzerland
- Content Noteindex
- Weight581 g
- Width190 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.