All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionThis title covers the history, origins and evolution of bomber aircraft, from the first planes to the powerful jet bombers of today. It features the Avro Lancaster, Boeing B-17 Flying Fortess, Heinkel He111 and many others from World Wars I and II. It features sophisticated and powerful jet bombers of the modern age, including the Boeing B-52 Stratofortress, Panavia Tornado and Northrop Grumman B-2 Spirit stealth bomber. Specification boxes for each aircraft provide at-a-glance information about the planes' country of origin, first flight, powers, armaments, size, weight and performance. It features facts and anecdotes about major battles throughout the century, and a glossary explaining key aviation terms and abbreviations. It contains over 750 photographs from some of the world's best aviation and military photolibraries. This record of incredible developments in bomber techlogy spans over a century of invation. The book is divided into three sections. The first deals with the development of bombers and the major conflicts in which bombers have been used, such as the Blitz and Dambusters missions of World War II and the Libya raids and Gulf War of modern times. The second section is a comprehensive A-Z of World War bombers, 1914-45, and the third section focuses on modern jet bombers and the latest developments in warfare. This fully illustrated reference book with its easily accessible information is perfect for every enthusiast or war historian.
- Author BiographyFrancis Crosby has had a deep interest in aviation since an early age. After working as an archaeologist, he joined the Imperial War Museum's branch at Duxford, England, as one of the world's leading collections for aviation enthusiasts. He has written widely on historic aviation and his published works include: Fighter Aircraft of World Wars I and II, and Modern Fighter Aircraft (also published by Southwater) and Images of War: D-Day and Images of War: The Luftwaffe in World War II (both Pen and Sword).
- Author(s)Francis Crosby
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1270 g
- Width216 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.