All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFire and rescue - an illustrated guide to fire trucks around the world, with 700 pictures of modern and historical appliances. It is a fully illustrated guide to fire trucks from around the world, including an A-Z directory of 165 of the best-kwn fire engine manufacturers. It includes a comprehensive history of firefighting from Roman times to the modern day - with stories from horse-drawn and manually pumped engines to the spectacular modern-day equipment used for fighting fires in all kinds of hazardous and hard-to-reach environments today. It features information about chassis manufacturers, coach builders and special appliance makers. This is the definitive encyclopedia of fire engines from all over the world, charting their history from Roman times to the super-advanced firefighting machines that we rely on today. An A-Z of fire engine manufacturers depicts each type, from General Motors in the USA and Metz in Germany, to Hi in Japan. There is documentation of early fires, including the Great Fire of London, and a section on modern-day fire brigades provides facts about training, uniforms and special rescue techniques. With 700 photographs, many depcting fire engines in action, this fabulous book is an essential history, identifier and source book of fire engines and firefighting.
- Author BiographyNeil Wallington has worked as a professional firefighter for over 30 years. He was awarded the Queen's Commendation for Brave Conduct for his actions at a serious London hotel fire, and was appointed Chief Fire Officer for Mid Glamorgan, and for Devon Fire & Rescue Service. He was International President of The Institution of Fire Engineers, and has served on the Secretary of State's Fire Service Advisory Council. He has written many books on the fire service, as well as contributing to journals and conferences.
- Author(s)Neil Wallington
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLorenz Books
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.)
- Weight858 g
- Width175 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.