All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionBarcelona is one of the world's most beautiful cities. A permanent showcase of the work of acclaimed architect Antoni Gaudi, it also has a long and rich cinematic legacy. Great directors from all over the world - among them Woody Allen, Pedro Almodovar, and Michelangelo Antonioni - have set their films there. World Film Locations: Barcelona is the first book of its kind to explore the rich cinematic history of this seductive Catalonian city. The illuminating essays collected here cover essential themes of the city's cinematic history, including the origins of cinema in Barcelona; the role of the Ciutat Vella (Old City) as a film set; the influential Barcelona School of the 1960s; the film presence of Gaudi and his work; changing attitudes and urban renewal before and after the 1992 Olympics; and the emergence of a new generation of female filmmakers who have made Barcelona the center of their cinematic explorations. This book will be a welcome addition to the libraries of anyone enchanted by the beauty of Barcelona, whether in person or on the big screen.
- Author BiographyHelio San Miguel teaches film at the New School in New York and is the writer and director of the short film Blindness. He is the editor of World Film Locations: Mumbai, also published by Intellect. Lorenzo J. Torres Hortelano is a senior lecturer in the Department of Communication Sciences I at Universidad Rey Juan Carlos in Spain. He is the editor of Directory of World Cinema: Spain, also published by Intellect.
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleIB - World Film Locations
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Content Note50 colour plates
- Weight290 g
- Width155 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byHelio San Miguel,Lorenzo J. Torres Hortelano
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.