All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $37.05Trending at AU $39.70
About this product
- DescriptionWorld Film Locations: Madrid is a visually engaging journey through the history of one of the most cinematic cities in the world. The book includes short sypses of 44 scenes from films that illustrate the changing ways in which the city of Madrid has appeared on screen in a variety of genres by an eclectic range of directors. Complimenting these scenes from such varied films as Siempre vuelven de madrugada ( They Always Come at Dawn ), Abre Los Ojos / Open Your Eyes , The Limits of Control and La muerte de un ciclista / Death of a Cyclist , the book also includes a selection of six spotlight essays that look at key directors, themes, and significant periods from Madrid's rich filmic history. Illustrated throughout with dynamic screen captures, stills of filming locations as they appear w and city maps that include location information, World Film Locations: Madrid is a guided tour for film fans that helps to bridge the gap between the real and the imagined in a city that offers continuous surprise and is full of life in its purest form.
- Author BiographyLorenzo J. Torres Hortelano is a Senior Lecturer at Universidad Rey Juan Carlos (Audiovisual Language and Analysis and Film Theory). Books: Directory of World Cinema: Spain (ed., 2011), 'Primavera tardia' de Yasujiro Ozu: cine clasico y poetica Zen (2006), 'Poniente (2002) de Chus Gutierrez. En Espana no hay racismo' in Miradas sobre pasado y presente en el cine espanol (1990-2005) (2008), 'La posibilidad del regreso a traves de la experiencia estetica' en Images d'exil. En el balcon vacio (1962), film de Jomi Garcia Ascot (2007). Regular contributor to the journal Trama & Fondo (www.tramayfondo.com) and others: 'Realism and Stylization. Man and Wilderness in Spanish Film of the 60's and 70's , Cine y... Revista de estudios interdisciplinarios sobre cine espanol (2010). He began to live in Madrid when he was 19 years old, and as several characters and directors associated with this city, from that moment he was forever fascinated by it (although he now lives 25 miles away).
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication01/12/2011
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleIB - World Film Locations
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.), col. maps, col. ports.
- Weight295 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byLorenzo J. Torres Hortelano
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.