Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $84.41+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $64.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
About this product
- DescriptionA clear and straightforward account of each of each of the major religions, set in a historical framework.This book provides a descriptive style and approach - every chapter offers students a cohesive and engaging narrative of a particular religion. As in previous editions, Nigosian presents the historical and cultural context in which beliefs and rituals developed to create a complete and absorbing portrait of each religion's developmentIt includes traditional viewpoints and scholarly commentary - the views of leading scholars in the field provide a counterweight to the historical narrative, enabling students to see how others perceive each religion.It offers coverage of religion in everyday life - looking beyond the religious doctrine of holy leaders, the text shows students how religious belief influences all segments of society in every aspect of daily life, with a particular focus on gender roles.It contains scriptural excerpts - woven extensively throughout the text, excerpts from the sacred writings of the religions provide original source material and excellent springboards for class discussion or writing assignments.A concise, balanced, and reasonably priced introductory text, World Religions takes a historical approach to the ideological and cultural aspects of several religions. More than just a collection of facts about beliefs and mores, this unique text offers students a complex portrait of each religion, with scholarly viewpoints interspersed throughout.
- Author BiographyS. A. NIGOSIAN, a research associate at Victoria College of the University of Toronto, Canada, has been teaching in the Religion Department for over twenty-five years. His most recent publications include: Islam: Its History, Teaching, and Practices (2004), From Ancient Writings to Sacred Texts: The Old Testament and Apocrypha (2004), and The Zoroastrian Faith: Tradition and Modern Research (1993). His articles on Near Eastern Religions and the Hebrew Bible / Old Testament are published frequently in professional journals such as Studies in Religion, Journal of Asian and African Studies, Theological Review, Vetus Testamentum, Ephemerides Theologicae Lovanienses, and Biblica.
- Author(s)S. A. Nigosian
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- Date of Publication25/02/2008
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, map
- Weight692 g
- Width151 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.