All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJimmy Cornell is the undisputed authority on long distance voyaging. In his new book, he helps the would-be voyager plan their trip step by step. Aimed at those seriously contemplating an extended cruise (and those dreaming about the possibility), this book will give an idea of what is involved in developing the right strategy. Amongst many other aspects, Jimmy looks at: - World weather systems - Strategies for sailing long or short circuits in the Atlantic, Pacific and Indian Oceans - The pros and cons of different routes at different times of year (taking into account weather, timings, wind directions and strengths, likelihood of fog, icebergs, gales, etc) - The pros and cons, attractions and dangers of different routes (such as the problem of piracy) - Practicalities (repair facilities, common gear breakage on extended voyages, places to leave the boat to fly home if necessary, health considerations, provisioning for a long trip, personal safety measures, and much more) - Jimmy's top ten list of common things that ruin a voyage Written from an international point of view, Jimmy Cornell's World Voyage Planner can help sailors from any country going to any other to achieve a safe and enjoyable cruise.
- Author BiographyJimmy Cornell has influenced the contemporary cruising scene more than any other sailor. Thousands of sailors have fulfilled their dreams of offshore cruising with the help of his books. He has sailed over 200,000 miles, including three circumnavigations. He is the author of World Cruising Routes, World Cruising Destinations and A Passion for the Sea, all published by Adlard Coles Nautical.
- Author(s)Jimmy Cornell
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication16/08/2012
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAdlard Coles Nautical
- Content NoteColour photos and maps throughout
- Weight1105 g
- Width187 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.