All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.37Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.18Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.57Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionIf you're interested in the story behind the deadliest conflict in human history, or are just curious about facts and figures, then this is the book for you. In this easy-to-read and fascinating compilation, The Second World War is broken down into an array of topics, revealing such statistics as who were the best fighter aces, what were the top ten military blunders during the war, and which were the biggest battleships or the best tanks. There are lists of the various escape attempts from Colditz, the code names used for military operations and even which actors have ever played Hitler on screen. All the major events and dates in the war are covered in detail, but equal emphasis is placed on the human experience of combat in the field and on the home front. Often poignant and always revealing, World War II: The Book of Lists offers a unique insight into those tumultuous years.
- Author BiographyChris Martin is the former editor of the publishing industry website Bookends and the author of four books.
- Author(s)Chris Martin
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight320 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.