All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.19
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionThe true account of World War II as seen through eyes of thirty-four mid-Western Americans. Covering the war on a year by year basis, it is the story of how the war affected these individuals and their families, many times in their own words. Covered is t only the military who went off to war, but also the wives, the sweethearts, and the children of the military, as well as those who stayed behind to hold down the home front - the factory worker, the German POW guard, the farmer. It is the story of how they willingly struggled with rationing, how they willingly assisted each other when the need arose, how they willingly collected recyclables and other goods for the war effort, without any expectation of compensation. It is also the story of the military members, why and when they entered the service as well as how they served their country in the time of need - the B-17 ball turret gunner, the Higgins boat pilot, the Marine landing on Okinawa and Guam, the Japanese held POW, the WAC and the WAAC. In summary, it is the story of their war! A war that body, body shirked their duty.
- Author(s)Robert C Daniels
- Date of Publication31/07/2012
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight603 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.