All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $21.24
- AU $43.44Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.13
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $73.39
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.09
About this product
- DescriptionWorld War Two, A Very Peculiar History explores the most destructive event of the twentieth century, a war that defined and shaped the world we live in today. Jim Pipe introduces the nations, as well as individuals, that participated and the politics that drove them, alongside the Cherished Library-style fascinating trivia and quirky facts. In this book you can learn about mad British schemes and the atomic bomb, Nazi hunters and wartime songs, as well as comprehensive chapters about the origins and causes of World War Two, the rise of Hitler and the Third Reich, how the war was handled at home and much, much more. World War Two, A Very Peculiar History is also packed with captivating anecdotes and interesting panels of mind-boggling information about the World War II. Fact boxes, a full glossary, timeline and index make the book both fun and informative to use. The text is enlivened with black-and-white line drawings and full-colour endpapers.
- Author BiographyJim Pipe studied Ancient and Modern History at Oxford University and spent 10 years in publishing before becoming a full-time writer. He has written numerous non-fiction books for children, many on historical subjects. He lives in Dublin with his wife.
- Author(s)Jim Pipe
- PublisherSalariya Book Company Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2012
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleVery Peculiar History
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBook House
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Width101 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.