All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionWorld War Two was a conflict of tanks, ships and aircraft, fought across the globe, from the icy waters of the North Atlantic to the steaming jungles of South-east Asia. It was a war that called for that most basic of battlefield requirements - raw courage. But World War Two was also the war of top-secret techlogy. A conflict that began with Polish horsemen attacking German tanks ended with the dropping of two Atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. World War Two in Secret is a fascinating exploration of the hidden stories behind the first truly techlogical war. From Bouncing Bombs to Atomic Bombs, from S.O.E to S.A.S and from radar to Enigma code-breakers, the book will lift the lid on all aspects of World War Two that were crafty, cunning, and covert, explaining the thinking behind their creation and the influence that top-secret weapons and strategies had on the outcomes of the war. Dozens of eye-catching photographs have been drawn from the archives compiled by all the major fighting powers, accompanied by illuminating text. Inspiring and informative chapters follow the arc of the Axis attack, the turning of the tide, and the war going global, while placing special focus on crucial World War Two operations-for example, the secret war at sea, the role of the Special Forces in North Africa, the Blitz and the radar race.
- Author BiographyJeremy Harwood studied history at Christ Church, Oxford, where he won an Open Exhibition and in his final year, was awarded the Sir Keith Feiling Memorial Prize as the top history undergraduate of his year. After graduation, he worked in publishing for many years before becoming a full-time author.
- Author(s)Gavin Mortimer,Jeremy Harwood
- PublisherExisle Publishing
- Date of Publication01/06/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationWoolombi
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2015
- ImprintExisle Publishing
- Weight1032 g
- Width250 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.