Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionWorld Weavers is the first ever study on the relationship between globalization and science fiction. Scientific invations provide citizens of different nations with a unique common ground and the means to establish new connections with distant lands. This study attempts to investigate how our world has grown more and more interconnected t only due to techlogical advances, but also to a shared interest in those advances and to what they might lead to in the future.
- Author BiographyWONG KIN YUEN is Director of the Technoscience Culture Research and Development Centre, and Professor and Head of the Department of English Language and Literature, Hong Kong Shue Yan College. GARY WESTFAHL is Co-ordinator of English Programs in The Language Learning Center at the University of California, Riverside. AMY KIT SZE CHAN is Assistant Director of the Technoscience Culture Research and Development Centre, and Senior Lecturer, Department of English Language and Literature, Hong Kong Shue Yan College.
- PublisherHong Kong University Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2005
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationHong Kong
- Country of PublicationHong Kong
- ImprintHong Kong University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width155 mm
- Height236 mm
- Edited byAmy Kit Sze Chan,Gary Westfahl,Wong Kin Yuen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.