All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $75.99Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
About this product
- DescriptionWe are t born into a world. We create one from an infinity of possible worlds. The critic of institutions makes us aware of this. The seventeen essays in this volume comprise investigations into religious, philosophical, racial, gendered, literary, legal, federalist, class-based, historical, and scientific worldmaking. They semiotically inquire into the diverse contexts and contents of worldmaking which define the collective adventure of humanity.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: William Pencak is Professor of History at Penn State. Author of History, Signing In: Studies in History and Semiotics (Peter Lang, 1993) and author or editor of eleven other books, he was the first historian to serve on the Executive Borard of the Semiotics Society of America. He also edits Pennsylvania History. The Contributors: William Pencak, Robert Ginsberg, Edwin N. Gorsuch, On-cho Ng, Steven Heine, Anna Makolkin, Stephen S. Fitz, James Smith Allen, Jeffrey J. Polizzotto, Thomas O. Beebee, Diana Royer, Virginia Black, Angela Michele Leonard, Natalie Isser, George Enteen, David K.B. Zeeman.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/1996
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleCritic of Institutions
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1996
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight740 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byWilliam Pencak
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.