All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $15.82
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $20.92
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.63
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $11.90
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.79
About this product
- DescriptionWorlds Apart is the second book in the Trix-ology series, following Between Worlds. In this sequel, Olive Trix, a sixteen year old witch going to school and working at her family's coffee shop The Black Brew, has finally fallen back into her everyday routine of life after closing the portal to Dazrath. However, life is t completely the same as Dah-vid, her giant, has returned to his home in the mountains of British Columbia, and their only means of communication is their 'message bottles'. At night, Olive is taken in her dreams to a strange place where she meets a sw-white-eyed stranger who seems to want to help her learn how to use her magic. It is from his teachings that everything begins to change. In her dreams, her teacher came. In the mountains, her heart was broken. In the Sanatorium, the strangers lurked. In her council, her kind was scorned. In the woods, the Bean lost his ear. In Dazrath, a captive was brought. Inside her, she felt Worlds Apart.
- Author BiographyI was born and raised in Regina, Saskatchewan but have also lived in Ontario and Alberta. As a child, I wanted nothing more than to escape this world and live in some kind of fantasy. I was captivated by movies like Labyrinth (1986), where Jareth the Goblin King pulls Sarah into his labyrinth, trying to make her forget her past and be trapped forever. I must admit, at the time I thought Jareth, played by David Bowie, was dreamy-spandex and all! Over the years, I fell in love with many make-believe men and their stories of adventure. I wished for Conan, played by Arnold Schwarzenegger to save me from some kind of serpentine beast, for Madmartigan, played by a long-haired, dirty Val Kilmer, to defend me from raiders sent by the evil Queen Bavmorda, or for bearded Commander William T. Ricker, played by Jonathan Franks, to beam me aboard. However, as time passed, it became apparent that no Goblin King was coming to take me away, so it was up to me to create my own stories filled with adventure and superheroes. I attended the Alberta College of Art and Design, where I majored in glass blowing. After many burns, slivers, and cuts, I obtained a Bachelor of Fine Arts with distinction. Today, I work as an artist, creating pieces out of clay and fibre. I now live in Calgary, Alberta with my Toy Manchester Terrier named Soy Bean. I've never forgotten over the years the wonderful adventures my imagination has taken me on, and for this reason I started to write. I've always found books, movies and video games a real escape, and I wanted to create something that could help others escape as well.
- Author(s)Yolande Krueger
- Date of Publication10/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.