All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.35Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.39
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $70.35Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $74.08Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.59
About this product
- DescriptionEach journey is accompanied by a map of the route and is described in terms of the technical challenges of building the railroad as well as the stunning views to be seen while travelling on the trains. Some of the railway journeys featured include the Harz narrow-gauge railroad in Saxony-Anhalt, Germany; the Indian Pacific which runs across Australia from Perth to Sydney; India's Darjeeling Himalayan Railways; and the spectacular railroads in the Canadian Rockies.
- Author BiographyBrian Solomon was editor of Pacific Railnews for several years, before becoming a freelance writer and photographer. His work has appeared in numerous railroad publications and he has authored more than 44 books. He has travelled to ride and photograph railways in more than 30 nations around the world. For this book he has brought together a team of expert contributors, all with first- hand experience of the journeys.
- Author(s)Brian Solomon
- PublisherJohn Beaufoy Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication29/09/2011
- SubjectTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Beaufoy Publishing Ltd
- Out-of-print date10/09/2013
- Content Note150+ colour photos, 45 maps
- Weight1075 g
- Width215 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.