Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a major critique of civilization's traditional worldview--with concrete suggestions for exploring a new one. Up until recent times this has t been possible, but w Patrick Foster has articulated and organized the semantic and logical tools to show how our old worldview is t only dysfunctional but illogical, a 5,000-year-old mistake. On top of his deep critique, he shows where we must go to begin fashioning a new world. (The Appendices contain the solution to the mind-body problem, a new language semantic, a critique of post-modernism, a more coherent materialism, and ideas for education appropriate to a new worldview.) Nothing short of worldview change--change at the deepest level--will correct the urgent problems we have been grappling with since civilization began.
- Author BiographyPatrick M. Foster received his BA in Philosophy from the University of Southern California, and his PhD in Religious Studies from the University of California, Santa Barbara. He taught high school English and Social Studies at the (Krishnamurti) Oak Grove School in Ojai, California, has taught Religious Studies at UCSB and Santa Barbara City College, and now directs the Construction Academy at SBCC.
- Author(s)Patrick M Foster
- Date of Publication22/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.