All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $21.85
About this product
- DescriptionHelping entrepreneurial company managers succeed is the mission of a new highly praised book, Understanding Today's Entrepreneurial Age: Directions, Strategies, Management Perspectives, the first of three books in the new Worm on a Chopstick series for entrepreneurs and corporate managers. Driven by real world experiences, the book provides perspectives, strategies and tools helping today's entrepreneurial firm managers succeed. What you will learn after reading this book: * Discover the Difference Between Ideas and Opportunities and Why You Don't Invest Before it's an Opportunity: Before you spend money to create expensive bound business plans, borrow from family members or secure a second trust on your home, you need to evaluate if what you are looking at is just a new business idea or an opportunity that supports a sustainable business. * Define What Business You Are Really In Before Launch To Save Time and Money: Your business mission, objectives and strategies define your company and drive specific company structures, management teams and operational plans to maximize revenues and profits. * Why You Need Business Plans Addressing Today's Entrepreneurial Age Challenges: Looking at Google vs. General Motors, we see how entrepreneurial thinking shapes each company's mission statement and performance and we review Not-So-Strategic Plans for entrepreneurial firms * Developing Winning Business Strategies Using Proven Strategy Management Tools: Are you in a growing market? Is there intense competition that will drive down profits? What is the threat of new entrants and substitute products? You will learn how the Five Forces Model and SWOT help answer these questions. * Develop New Business by 'Going Global': We will review the challenges and opportunities of going global, discuss the myth of buying American products and review the story of Fred's Furniture, a fictional manufacturer of custom-crafted tables 'going global' to show challenges and strategies. The title of the new entrepreneurship series relates to the author's experiences at a senior level meeting in a dimly lit Tokyo restaurant years ago. Confronted with a what do I do w situation where defining the animal/food boundary was a challenge, this learning experience provides insight into global business challenges, unpredictability, handling global social and cultural issues, and some creative uses for Chivas Regal. ______________________________________ In the December 2011 35th Anniversary Edition of Boards & Directors magazine, the book was selected as one of eight books for recommended reading by public company corporate officers and directors. What the reviewers are saying: Sometimes a dynamic book comes along that makes you think in new directions, create new ideas, develop new perspectives. Worm on a Chopstick by Paul Silverman accomplishes this and so much more. He brings a highly experienced voice to today's entrepreneurial age discussions and lets us kw where we are heading. A powerful book that could change your life. -Rita Cosby, Award Winning TV Host and Bestselling Author of Quiet Hero: Secrets from My Father's Past ________________________________________ Worm on a Chopstick provides a solid juxtaposition of theory and practice-tempered by experience. Very readable; and a learning opportunity Michael W. Wynne, Investor, 21st Secretary of the Air Force, Former Undersecretary Acq Tech and Logistics ________________________________________ For additional information about the author, book, and more reviews, see http: //paulbsilverman.com/books/reviews/. A portion of the proceeds from all book sales is being donated to the American Cancer Society.
- Author BiographyA seasoned entrepreneur, global management executive, public and private company CEO, educator, management consultant, the author works with early stage companies and is an Adjunct Professor in the R.H. Smith School of Business in the University of Maryland. The author has also served in senior management positions with major information industry firms including RCA, GTE, Xerox and IBM (SBS), and has more than ten years experience in senior global management consulting positions with C&L, Booz Allen and Hamilton, and James Martin Strategy, where he served as CEO for North America. He has also served as CEO of both public and privately held ventures. The author's insights are further reinforced by teaching entrepreneurship, management strategy and global business courses at three leading universities since 2002. The author currently serves as CEO of Sante Corporation, an early stage, leading edge personal health care management company that is developing a new vision to improve today's health care system. He is also Managing Partner of the Gemini Business Group, LLC which offers new venture and business development services for selected clients. The author is also former founding Director of the Entrepreneurial Step Up Program at George Mason University, offering an Entrepreneurial Education Program targeting CEOs of early stage high growth companies, the author is well known in the global information industry and venture community. The author has conducted hundreds of presentations worldwide and published numerous articles addressing strategy, policy and new business development issues. The three book, Worm On A Chopstick entrepreneurship series draws upon four decades of global experiences sharing the author's perspectives on how today's entrepreneurial age is reshaping both entrepreneurial and traditional business, and strategies for dealing with emerging challenges and opportunities. The Chopstick series addresses today's Entrepreneurial Age needs and complements today's traditional business texts with substantive, highly readable books. The author holds a BS in Physics from CCNY and an MS in Management from Polytechnic University of New York.
- Author(s)Paul B Silverman
- PublisherGemini Business Press
- Date of Publication27/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGemini Business Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.