All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWeaving is an age-old craft but it has boundless potential. The beauty and joy of weaving a finished piece of cloth can be enhanced by creating your own designs and using the latest ideas and techniques. This new book explains to the vice how to start weaving textiles, but also develops techniques for the more experienced so they can learn to appreciate colour, patterns and structures, and thereby design their own richly-textured cloth. As well as practical information on how to get started, Woven Textiles looks at design concepts and how to experiment with ideas, such as mark-making skills on paper and embroidery on fabric. It introduces new weave structures and suggests ways to explore colours and yarns. The author shares her passion for this craft in pages packed with inspiring ideas, exciting examples and lavish illustrations. Her own work is supported by that of other leading contemporary designers, making this book a visual treat.
- Author BiographySharon Kearley trained in woven design before working in fashion and styling for the advertising, theatre, film and television sectors. Her jobs included the infamous Big Breakfast and The Bigger Breakfast Show of the mid-nineties, as well as styling presenters Liza Tarbuck , Johnny Vaughn, Sara Cox and Dermot O'Leary. Sharon set up her own design practice in northern Spain in 2002, where she exhibited her woven designs, continued to work in costume and lectured in art academies. She returned her business to the UK and has continued to lecture first at the London Metropolitan University and currently at the Winchester School of Art. The advice, ideas and techniques provided in this book are based on her experiences and driven by her passion for the potential and excitement of woven textiles.
- Author(s)Sharon Kearley
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication11/08/2014
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationRamsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2014
- ImprintThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Content Note332 colour photographs
- Weight1022 g
- Width215 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.