All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.14
About this product
- DescriptionThroughout its history, movable elements in books, commonly called pop-ups, have been used to educate, entertain, and inspire both children and adults. Wow, open this! looks at the art and science of moveable elements incorporated into books. Books that delight children with that 'wow' moment, as a scene comes to life in their hands, were first used in scholarly works to help illustrate a vast array of topics such as geometry, architecture, medical and natural science, cryptography, astromy, calendars, time telling, navigation, and cosmography. Primarily used as entertainment today, movable elements and variations of the pop-up book are also used by artists who want to challenge our assumptions about what a book really is by reinterpreting the form and how it functions.
- Author BiographyWith a passion for design in all forms, Kevin Zak runs an independent design practice, teaches exhibition design workshops, and is a sessional instructor at the University of Alberta in Edmonton.
- Author(s)Kevin Zak
- PublisherUniversity of Alberta Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Series TitleBruce Peel Special Collections
- Place of PublicationAlberta
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Alberta Press
- Weight200 g
- Width127 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.