Wrigley Field's Last World Series: The Wartime Cubs and the Pennant of 1945 by Charles N Billington (Paperback / softback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.84+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionRelive the Chicago Cubs? historic 1945 season, the last time the team won a pennant. Charles N. Billington paints an evolving portrait of the season and its players, and chronicles the effects of World War II on the wider national scene during this unique period in baseball history. This fast-paced narrative includes statistical analysis, interviews, inning-by-inning accounts of key games, highlights of winning streaks and road trips, and a discussion of how and why the team quickly unravels. Featuring the photography of critically-acclaimed baseball historian and portrait photographer, George Brace.
- Author BiographyCharles N. Billington is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 30 years of experience in mental health. He has worked as an administrator, psychotherapist, and consultant, most recently specializing in work with the elderly. A three-sport athlete in high school who played baseball at the collegiate level, he combined his background in sports and his interest in history with his work with senior citizens to write about Wrigley Field's last World Series, World War II-era baseball, and the 1945 Cubs. The fascinating recollections of two elderly baseball players who came to Mr. Billington for assistance and became the inspiration for Wrigley Field's Last World Series. Charles grew up in the Chicago area and lives in the northern suburbs. His hobbies include boating, playing the piano, and playing outfield in the Chicago North Men's Senior Baseball League. Charles N. Billington is a licensed clinical social worker with 30 years of experience in mental health. After graduating from St. Olaf College in Northfield, Minnesota, he received his master's degree from the University of Illinois in Chicago. He has worked as an administrator, psychotherapist, and consultant. Most recently he has worked with the senior citizens.A three-sport athlete in high school who played baseball at the collegiate level, he combined his background in sports and his interest in history with his work with seniors to write about the Chicago Cubs' last World Series. The fascinating recollections of two elderly baseball players who came to him for assistance became the inspiration for the work.Charles grew up in the Chicago area and lives in the north suburbs with his wife of 25 years and two children. His hobbies include boating, playing the piano, and playing outfield in the Chicago North Men's Senior Baseball League.
- Author(s)Charles N Billington
- PublisherLake Claremont Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2005
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLake Claremont Press
- Weight472 g
- Width160 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Foreword byAndy Pafko
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.