All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.58
About this product
- DescriptionThese thirty illustrated biographical essays are an intriguing introduction to a distinguished tradition of Montreal writing, from early colonial times to the present. A rich literary heritage in both English and French makes Montreal unique in North America. The Writers of Montreal celebrates the literary heritage of Emile Nelligan, Stephen Leacock, Gabrielle Roy, Hubert Aquin, F.R. Scott, Yves Theriault, and Hugh MacLennan. Also celebrates the poets, playwrights, and fiction writers who are actively writing today. Included are Michel Tremblay, Mavis Gallant, Yves Beauchemin, Louis Dudek, Marie-Claire Blais, Irving Layton, Nicole Brossard, and Mordecai Richler.
- Author BiographyElaine Kalman Naves is the author of Journey to Vaja which was a finalist for the QSPELL Non-fiction Prize and winner of the 1998 Jewish Book Awards' Elie Wiesel Prize. In 1998 she was also a recipient of the CBC/Saturday Night Literary Award and is a regularbooks columnist for the Montreal Gazette.
- Author(s)Elaine Kaufman-Naves
- PublisherVehicule Press
- Date of Publication01/01/1993
- Place of PublicationMontreal, QC
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintVehicule Press
- Weight280 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.