All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b><b>The all-time best-selling writer's handbook turns thirty.</b> With insight, humor, and practicality, Natalie Goldberg inspires writers and would-be writers to take the leap into writing skillfully and creatively. She offers suggestions, encouragement, and solid advice on many aspects of the writer's craft: on writing from first thoughts (keep your hand moving, don't cross out, just get it on paper), on listening (writing is ninety percent listening; the deeper you listen, the better you write), on using verbs (verbs provide the energy of the sentence), on overcoming doubts (doubt is torture; don't listen to it) even on choosing a restaurant in which to write. Goldberg sees writing as a practice that helps writers comprehend the value of their lives. The advice in her book, provided in short, easy-to-read chapters with titles that reflect the author's witty approach ( Writing Is Not a McDonald's Hamburger, Man Eats Car, Be an Animal ), will inspire anyone who writes or who longs to.
- Author BiographyNATALIE GOLDBERG is the author of fourteen books, including <i>Writing Down the Bones</i>, which has changed the way writing is taught in this country. She teaches retreats nationally and internationally. She lives in New Mexico.
- Author(s)Natalie Goldberg
- PublisherShambhala Publications Inc
- Date of Publication04/02/2016
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintShambhala Publications Inc
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.