All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionEnglish language and linguistics shares many of its writing conventions with those of other disciplines, but there are certain features and expectations that distinguish it as a subject. This book is written specifically to help undergraduate students of English language and linguistics develop the art of writing essays, projects and reports. Written by an author with over 30 years' experience of lecturing in the subject, it is a comprehensive and very readable resource and contains numerous discipline-related examples, practice exercises and an answer key. It includes chapters on referencing (including plagiarism, paraphrase and guidance on referencing styles), stylistic issues that often get overlooked, and writing a dissertation. The book offers practical guidance and a layout that guides students as they work though their project. It will be an invaluable reference tool that students can read cover to cover or dip into as and when required.
- Author BiographyNeil Murray is Associate Professor of Applied Linguistics at the University of Warwick.
- Author(s)Neil Murray
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectStudy Skills & General Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note5 b/w illus.
- Weight600 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.