All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionOne of Canada's best-kwn and most-houred biographers turns to the raw material of his own life in Writing History. A university professor, prolific scholar, public intellectual, and frank critic of the world he has kwn, Michael Bliss draws on extensive personal diaries to describe a life that has taken him from small-town Ontario in the 1950s to international recognition for his books in Canadian and medical history. His memoir ranges remarkably widely: it encompasses social history, family tragedy, a critical insider's view of university life, Canadian national politics, and, above all, a rare glimpse into the craftsmanship that goes into the research and writing of history in our time. Whether writing about pigs and millionaires, the discovery of insulin, sleazy Canadian politicians, or the founders of modern medicine and brain surgery, Michael Bliss is ted for the clarity of his prose, the honesty of his opinions, and the breadth of his literary interests.
- Author BiographyMichael Bliss, professor emeritus at the University of Toronto, has written numerous books in the fields of Canadian politics, medicine, and business, including the Governor General s Award nominated <i>Plague: A Story of Smallpox in Montreal</i> and <i>Sir William Osler: A Life in Medicine</i>. He lives in Toronto, Ontario.
- Author(s)Michael Bliss
- PublisherDundurn Group Ltd
- Date of Publication20/09/2011
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDundurn Group Ltd
- Weight820 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine32 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.