All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.70
- AU $9.06Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.87
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.83
- AU $20.29Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.85
About this product
- DescriptionProvides a coverage of the entire process of creating a show, from finding and working out the initial idea, through the writing of both songs and libretto, to the ways in which writers can market a finished show and get it produced. This book, illustrated with numerous examples, contains a how-to tutorial approach on the musical theatre business.
- Author BiographySTEVEN L. ROSENHAUS has written music and/or lyrics for several musicals, as well as incidental music for plays, film scores and commercials. His concert works in a variety of genres have been performed throughout the United States, Canada and Europe. He has over a hundred original works and arrangements in print, and several works recorded on compact discs. He serves as Adjunct Assistant Professor of Composition at New York University, USA, teaching both classical and musical theatre composition, and also teaches song writing and other subjects at Nassau Community College. ALLEN COHEN has written the scores for several musicals, four films and two off-Broadway plays. He has conducted, or written dance music for, six musicals on Broadway and many shows off-Broadway and around the country. His concert music has been performed throughout the world and recorded on several compact discs. Currently Assistant Professor of Music at Fairleigh Dickinson University, USA, he is a former member of the BMI and ASCAP Musical Theatre Workshops. He is the author of Howard Hanson in Theory and Practice and the children's book That's So Funny I Forgot to Laugh!, which has sold more than half a million copies.
- Author(s)Allen Cohen,Steven L. Rosenhaus
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication18/04/2006
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight619 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.