All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
About this product
- DescriptionDoes your gifted or 2e child have eugh friends? What qualifies as eugh ? Whom should they be friends with and how can they keep those friends? Parents of asynchrous children are often criticized as helicopter parents by others who don't understand the need for scaffolding. Others take a complete hands-off approach our of fear or self-doubt. In their latest book, Corin Barsily Goodwin and Mika Gustavson, authors of Making the Choice: When Typical School Doesn't Fit Your Atypical Child, explore a parent's role in their child's social development and how we kw when we are doing too much or too little to create age- and intellectually appropriate social opportunities for your child. In Writing Your Own Script: A Parent's Role in the Gifted Child's Social Development, Corin and Mika will show you how to help your child to discover the joy of true friendships based on common interests, shared values, and mutual understanding-and help you understand your role in guiding them!
- Author BiographyCorin Barsily Goodwin is founder and Executive Director of Gifted Homeschoolers Forum. She has been publishing and presenting in the fields of giftedness, education, special needs, and parenting for over a decade. She currently resides in Washington with her husband, two teens, and three cats. Mika Gustavson, MA, MFT, is a psychotherapist, and director of Gifted Matters, specializing in helping the gifted to thrive. She maintains a private practice and trains other professionals on issues touching on giftedness, homeschooling, and parenting. She also writes about these topics, and does her best to head up GHF's Professional Division. She works, lives, and homeschools in Silicon Valley, with her husband and teenage son, and too many knitting and crochet projects.
- Author(s)Corin Barsily Goodwin,Mika Gustavson Mft
- PublisherGhf Press
- Date of Publication22/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGhf Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edited bySarah J Wilson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.