All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $20.02Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionWriting and Editing for Digital Media, 2nd edition, teaches students how to write effectively for digital spaces-whether crafting a story for a website, blogging or using Twitter to cover a breaking news story or event. The lessons and exercises in each chapter help students build a solid understanding of the ways that digital communications have introduced opportunities for dynamic storytelling and multi-directional communication. Writing and Editing for Digital Media also addresses the graphical, multimedia, hypertextual and interactive elements that come into play when writing for digital platforms and designing digital spaces. The book teaches students t only to create content, but also to become careful, creative managers of that content. Based on Brian Carroll's extensive experience teaching the course, this revised and updated edition pays particular attention to opportunities presented by the growth of social media and mobile media. Chapters aim to: * Assist digital communicators in understanding the social networked, increasingly mobile, always-on, geomapped, personalized media ecosystem; * Help writers across multiple communication fields (journalism, marketing, PR, technical writing) make the transition from print to digital; * Teach communicators to approach storytelling from a multimedia, multi-modal, interactive perspective. A companion website with exercises and assignments gives students the tools they need to put theory into practice.
- Author BiographyBrian Carroll is Associate Professor of Communication and Director of the Honors Program at Berry College, and Adjunct Professor of Journalism in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He is the author of When to Stop the Cheering? The Black Press, the Black Community, and the Integration of Professional Baseball (Routledge, 2006).
- Author(s)Brian Carroll
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/07/2014
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note15 black & white tables, 40 black & white halftones
- Weight680 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.