All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionWriting in Tongues examines the complexities of translating Yiddish literature at a time when the Yiddish language is in decline. After the Holocaust, Soviet repression, and American assimilation, the survival of traditional Yiddish literature depends on translation, yet a few Yiddish classics have been translated repeatedly while many others have been igred. Anita Norich traces historical and aesthetic shifts through versions of these canical texts, and she argues that these works and their translations form an enlightening conversation about Jewish history and identity.
- Author BiographyAnita Norich is professor of English and Judaic studies at the University of Michigan.
- Author(s)Anita Norich
- PublisherUniversity of Washington Press
- Date of Publication05/11/2013
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleSamuel & Althea Stroum Lectures in Jewish Studies
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Washington Press
- Content Note1 illus.
- Weight658 g
- Width152 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.