Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionWriting on Gravestones is a collection of reflective crime pieces, often approaching the events from different angles yet written by on-the-spot observers and reporters. The stories look at crime in its broadest definition. Serial killers, mass murders, bank robbers and jailbreakers are here, but there are stories about the sort of torture that masquerades as love and drives a battered wife to kill, about the children who kill, about the anguish that drives a father to kill his children. There is an inescapable emphasis on the victims and as a result these stories are written with sensitivity, empathy and compassion rather than sensationalism. There are very well kwn names and crimes here: Martin Bryant, Jaidyn Leskie, Brenden Abbott, the Bega schoolgirls, the Artts extortion attempt. Then there are the lesser kwn: the story of a man dubbed the gentlest of axe killers who after 20 years of nightmares went back to a Victorian town and killed the man who had regularly raped him as a child. Fundamental Christianity gone wrong in Wimmera: drug dealing and murder among the young Indochinese street gangs in Melbourne's west; the murder of a vagrant by a group of children in Wagga. Classic crime reporting.
- PrizesShortlisted for Ned Kelly Awards for Australian Crime Writing: Best True Crime Category 2002.
- Author(s)Gary Tippet,Ian Munro
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication12/10/2001
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationNew South Wales
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Out-of-print date12/01/2015
- Content Note18pp b&w insert
- Weight444 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.