All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by an author with proven success in obtaining NIH grants and in developing grant application workshops in university settings and at association conventions the book utilizes specific supporting examples and cases and includes flow charts illustrating the grant application review process at NIH.
- Author BiographyWilliam Gerin received his BA in Psychology from Stanislaus State College in Turlock, California in 1979, where he studied operant and classical conditioning avoidance models in animals. He became interested in the role of human interactions in emotional regulation, and received his PhD in Social Psychology from Columbia University in 1984, under the mentorship of Stanley Schachter. In 1985 Gerin undertook an NIH-sponsored postdoctoral fellowship in Cardiovascular Epidemiology at the Cornell University Medical Center. He then went on to Mount Sinal Hospital and (back to) Columbia University, when he moved his laboratory to the Pennsylvania State University, in the Department of Biobehavioral Health, where he is a Professor, and the Director of the Experimental Cardiovascular Psychophysiology Laboratory. His current research areas include the examination of acute biological responses, including blood pressure, heart rate variability, cortisol, endothelial function, and inflammatory markers, to stress and negative emotionality. His other areas of study include the role of emotional regulation in the development of hypertension and coronary heart disease, non-pharmacological interventions to lower blood pressure and improve medication adherence in culturally diverse patient populations, health disparities in the treatment and outcomes of hypertension, and the role of psyochosocial factors in cardiovascular disease. Christine H. Kapelewski Kinkade earned her BS in Neuroscience and Physiology at the University of Maryland, College Park in 2006 and her Ph.D. in Neuroscience at the Pennsylvania State University in 2011. After graduating, she went to work at the University of California, Berkeley for two years as a Research Compliance Analyst. Chrissy is now at the University of California, Davis where she is a Clinical Trials Analyst for the Veterinary Center for Clinical Trials.
- Author(s)Christine H. Kapelewski,Jerome R. Itinger,Tanya Spruill,William Gerin
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication25/01/2011
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight726 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.