All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.22Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionToo often research papers are simply regurgitated encyclopaedia entries. After reviewing many dry research papers, David Somoza began to experiment with an adventure writing model based on books written by Peter Lourie. In Writing to Explore, David and Peter demonstrate how to teach adventure writing, which integrates nfiction and fiction and motivates students to write with imagination, curiosity, and a hunger to learn everything about their topic. The book starts with a solid foundation in the basics of good writing: setting descriptions, creating atmosphere, and developing character. The authors then explore the specific elements of adventure writing - from setting the stage to conducting research; from combining history and geography to effectively utilizing techlogy. The result is an adventure-based paper that is rooted in real places, supported by facts, and developed with detailed description of images from real locations. Teachers will find hand-outs, sample activities, student writing examples, research sources, and tips to help them create a nfiction writing program based around the adventure writing model. Research papers don't have to be boring to read or to write. This book will show you how to get vibrant papers from your students - papers that teach both reader and writer something new.
- Author BiographyPeter Lourie's adventure books come directly from his travel journals. In order to write a book about a place - its history, geography, people and culture - he likes to experience it for himself. As a child, he loved collecting rocks and wandering the countryside of Connecticut, USA. David Somoza grew up in southern New Mexico, USA with his brother Mike and his sister Lisa. David's dad is a writer and his mom is a painter, and they still live in southern New Mexico, USA. Growing up David spent much time hiking and camping with his family throughout New Mexico, USA. They spent every summer going on great family adventures.
- Author(s)David Somoza,Peter Lourie
- PublisherStenhouse Publishers
- Date of Publication31/05/2010
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationYork, Maine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStenhouse Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.