All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.46
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.12
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
About this product
- DescriptionBased on the principle that the ability to develop and support a thesis persuasively is of utmost importance for beginning writers, WRITING WITH A THESIS, International Edition, dispenses clear and practical writing advice. Sarah Skwire skillfully weaves humor into her advice and in the text's examples of good professional writing-for a uniquely useful text that remains enjoyable to read and to teach from. Best of all, the text's short, easy-to-read essays ensure that your class time will focus t on what the readings mean, but on what they mean for your students' writing.
- Author BiographySarah Skwire attended Wesleyan University, where she received a BA (with honors) in English and was a member of the coed literary fraternity Alpha Delta Phi. She later received both her MA and PhD in English Literature from the University of Chicago. In addition to coauthoring WRITING WITH A THESIS (with her father, David Skwire), she has published a variety of creative work as well as articles on subjects such as chronically ill seventeenth-century women poets, medicine in All's Well That Ends Well, the German Princess scandal of the seventeenth century, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Before coming to Liberty Fund, Sarah taught at the College of DuPage in Glen Ellyn, Illinois, and at The Ohio State University. Her current research is on the subject of money and early modern poetry. David Skwire taught for 25 years at Cuyahoga Community College and has degrees from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and Cornell University. In addition to being the author or coauthor of all editions of WRITING WITH A THESIS, he also has coauthored STUDENTS BOOK OF COLLEGE ENGLISH (Longman), now in its tenth edition.
- Author(s)David Skwire,Sarah E. Skwire
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication08/03/2013
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence, KY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight466 g
- Width163 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement12th International edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.