All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionXavier Lust is certainly one of the most relevant characters on the contemporary design scene. His distinct and essential approach to design, his ingenious and refined touch, and his ability to synthesise clearly imply a special talent. The great John Keats wrote: A thing of beauty is a joy forever; its loveliness increases; it will never pass into thingness . For Xavier Lust, dedication to beauty is the answer to eternity and this forever is actually built everyday through constant work, research and curiosity. Always focused on invation and research, specifically tension and induced motion, he likes to experiment, explore and discover the natural transformations of materials. On the strength of his experience with metal, he challenges all kind of materials, challenging himself too in the process. Xavier Lust pushes the boundaries of technical possibilities while making a statement with each of his pieces and overriding preconceived ideas. Design Stories aims to give a wide sense of Lust's work in the different fields of design from creation to production to final destination.
- Author BiographyBorn in 1969, Xavier Lust studied interior design at Institut Saint-Luc before opening his own Studio in Brussels. In 2000 Xavier Lust started to design for MDF Italia, an ongoing relationship which was the start of his collaboration with leading international producers such as Driade, De Padova, Cerruti Baleri, Fiam, Extremis His work is clearly identifiable through the visible tension he gives to his objects, and the curves inspired by his innovative (de)formation process of metallic surfaces. He has received of dozens of awards including Compasso d'Oro. His work has appeared in over 50 exhibitions and is a regular feature in international design publications. He is a regularly invited guest lecturer at leading art and design institutions around the world. A wonderful aspect of Xavier's work is the illusion of lightness and motion, writes the Russian critic Olga Bozhko. In his designs he manages to express what seems impossible. It's seems as though his works are not created; they are born.
- Author(s)Cristina Didero,Xavier Lust
- PublisherStichting Kunstboek BVBA
- Date of Publication27/01/2016
- Languageeng, fre
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationOostkamp
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintStichting Kunstboek BVBA
- Content Note150 colour
- Weight1701 g
- Width240 mm
- Height320 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.