All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionXingyiquan (Hsing I Chuan) is one of the best kwn Chinese internal martial arts. Xingyi means Shape Mind , and Quan means Fist or Style . The name derives from the style's imitation of the movements and inner characteristics of twelve animals. The style was created by Marshal Yeuh Fei, a famous general of the Chinese Song Dynasty. The practice of Xingyiquan, like Taijiquan, improves Qi circulation in the body and maintains health. In addition, the training builds up an abundant level of internal Qi so that both the physical body and the mental body can be strengthened. This book presents traditional Xingyiquan training, including two sequences with many of their martial applications, and the famous fighting set An Shen Pao . The most unique part of this book is the discussion of Xingyiquan theories and principles, drawn from many of the ancient poems and songs. Understanding these will greatly speed your training. *Deepen your Understanding for Great Xingyi.*Inspiration and Advice for a Lifetime of Practice.*For All Levels of Experience.
- Author BiographyDr. Yang, Jwing-Ming is a renowned author and teacher of Chinese martial arts and Qigong. Born in Taiwan, he has trained and taught Taijiquan, Qigong, and Chinese martial arts for over forty-five years. He is the author of over thirty books, and was elected by Inside Kung Fu magazine as one of the 10 people who has made the greatest impact on martial arts in the past 100 years. Dr. Yang lives in Northern California. Liang, Shou-Yu was born on June 28,1943 in the city of Chongqian, Sichuan Province, China. When he was six he began his training in Qigong, the art of breathing and internal energy control, under the tutelage of his renowned grandfather, the late Liang, Zhi-Xiang. Mr. Liang was taught the esoteric skills of the Emei Mountain sect, including Da Peng Qigong. When he was eight, his grandfather made special arrangements for him to begin training Emei Wushu (martial arts).
- Author(s)Jwing-Ming Yang,Liang Shou-Yu
- PublisherYMAA Publication Center
- Date of Publication16/12/2002
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationRochdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYMAA Publication Center
- Content Note354
- Weight608 g
- Width185 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.78
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.