All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionXinjiang is the 'pivot of Asia', where the frontiers of China, Tibet, India, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Central Asia approach each other. The growing Uyghur demand for a separate homeland and continuing violence in Xinjiang have brought this region into the focus of national and international attention. With Xinjiang becoming the hub of trans-Asian trade and traffic , and also due to its rich energy resources, Uyghur Muslims of Xinjiang are poised to assert their eth-political position, thereby posing serious challenge to China's authority in the region. This book offers a new perspective on the region, with a focus on social, ecomic and political developments in Xinjiang in modern and contemporary times. Drawing on detailed analyses by experts on Xinjiang from India, Central Asia, Russia, Taiwan and China, this book presents a coherent, concise and rich analysis of ethnic relations, Uyghur resistance, China's policy in Xinjiang and its ecomic relations with its Central Asian neighbours. It is of interest to those studying in Chinese and Central Asian politics and society, International Relations and Security Studies.
- Author BiographyK.Warikoo is Professor of Central Asian Studies at Jawaharlal Nehru University, India. He has authored several books on Kashmir, Central Asia and Afghanistan, and is the founding editor of the quarterly journal Himalayan and Central Asian Studies. His books Religion and Security in South and Central Asia and Himalayan Frontiers of India have been published by Routledge in 2011 and 2009 respectively.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/03/2016
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleCentral Asia Research Forum
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note22 black & white tables
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byK. Warikoo
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.