All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
About this product
- DescriptionThis fully revised third edition of a classic manual is a mine of information for yachtsmen to customise their boats. This is an abundance of clear illustrations accompanied by concise explanations cover the following subjects: hull construction and repairs; keels, floors and decks; rudders, tillers and steering gear; cabin tops and cockpits; hatches and ventilation; cabin furniture; chain plates; deck and cockpit fittings; pulpits, stanchions and guardrails; spars, mast fittings and steps; sails and rigging; engines and electrics; tanks, piping and plumbing; yacht tenders, dinghies and life-rafts; anchors, chains and warps; fitting out and laying up. Ian Nicolson is one of the most prolific yachting writers. He has written twenty-four books on yachting and his articles since 1947 number several thousand. He is a Fellow of the Royal Institution of Naval Architects, a previous partner in A. Mylne & Co., he founded Nicolson-Hughes Sails and is visiting lecturer at four universities. He lives in Scotland, has three children and four grandchildren, who all sail...a lot.
- Author BiographyIan Nicolson joined Alfred Mylne the Second as a full design partner at the age of 31. These two very different personalities worked together for 20 years to produce a variety of craft. At the same time, Nicolson set up a boat survey organisation which became the most successful in Scotland, so that he went all over the world doing surveys. Ian has had 23 books published and many hundreds of technical articles. He has had his own magazine column since 1955.
- Author(s)Ian Nicolson
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication12/11/2015
- SubjectShips & Waterways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.