All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAimed at cruising sailors with typical cruising boats (people who aren't interested in winning races but who do want to experience the pleasure of getting the very best out of their sailing), this book is filled with practical advice on achievable set-ups and illustrated with examples of how exactly to achieve that perfect set-up. Chapters include: how sails work, essential sail trim tips, how to balance your boat, how to keep moving in light airs, heavy weather trim and techniques, spinnakers for cruising, how to tune your rig, reefing system improvements, running rigging, troubleshooting and care.
- Author BiographyPeter Nielsen was Assistant Editor of Yachting Monthly for ten years and is now Editor of Sail magazine, America's leading magazine for cruising and racing sailors. As part of Yachting Monthly's boat test team he has sailed and raced yachts of all sizes and types in many different parts of the world, and has taken part in several long distance ocean races. Asked to define his sailing he says he's 'a cruiser who turns into a racer whenever there's another boat in the vicinity'.
- Author(s)Peter Neilsen
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication16/08/2004
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAdlard Coles Nautical
- Content Notecolour illustrations, colour photos
- Weight692 g
- Width212 mm
- Height297 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.07
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $29.48
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.