All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $27.06Trending at AU $27.36
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $12.75
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.55
- AU $23.07Trending at AU $30.53
- AU $30.06Trending at AU $31.00
- AU $10.87Trending at AU $13.84
- AU $17.52Trending at AU $21.05
About this product
- DescriptionWhere is your sugar coming from? Most likely everywhere. Sure, it's in ice cream and cookies, but what scared Eve O. Schaub was the secret world of sugar-hidden in bacon, crackers, salad dressing, pasta sauce, chicken broth, and baby food. With her eyes open by the work of obesity expert Dr. Robert Lustig and others, Eve challenged her husband and two school-age daughters to join her on a quest to eat added sugar for an entire year. Along the way, Eve uncovered the real costs of our sugar-heavy American diet-including diabetes, obesity, and increased incidences of health problems such as heart disease and cancer. The stories, tips, and recipes she shares throw fresh light on questionable nutritional advice we've been following for years and show that it is possible to eat at restaurants and go grocery shopping-with less and even added sugar.
- Author BiographyEve O. Schaub has written the introductions for both of her husband Stephen's published collections of photographs: A Sense of Place and Through a Glass Darkly and was the editor of Five Dollars and a Jug of Rum. Also with her husband Stephen, she co-authored The Figital Revolution on the state of contemporary photography. Eve lives in Vermont with family. A multiple Audie Award finalist, an AudioFile Earphones Award winner, and one of AudioFile 's Best Voices of 2010 and 2011, Hillary Huber has recorded close to two hundred titles. AudioFile magazine says, Hillary Huber's narration is lyrical enough to be set to music. British narrator John Lee has read audiobooks in almost every conceivable genre, from Charles Dickens to Patrick O'Brian. He has won numerous Audie Awards and AudioFile Earphones Awards, and he was named a Golden Voice by AudioFile in 2009.
- Author(s)Eve O. Schaub
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication10/06/2014
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight72 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Narrator(s)Hillary Huber,John Lee
- Format DetailsMP3 format
- Running Time544
- Edition StatementMP3 - Unabridged CD
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.