All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionYear of the Tiger Op. 35 is a percussion ensemble for three players using Taiko drums and performed in the tradition of Japanese drumming.
- Author BiographyDr. Gregory Jackson is a well-recognized percussionist, composer, educator, and author. He is a multi-faceted percussion specialist in many areas including orchestral, jazz, marching, chamber, and the world music traditions of Cuba, Japan, West Africa, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Peru, Brazil, Switzerland, and Middle Eastern countries. Dr. Jackson has published several books sold worldwide including Legendary and Congas Full Circle for world percussion, Phenom: The Excellence of Execution for snare drum, and the percussion method book The Synergy Method for Drumming. Greg also has several recordings, including his debut CD is for solo marimba, Darkest Hour, two instructional percussion DVDs titled Congas Decoded and Elements of Synergy, and two percussion CDs, Osmosis and Conga Fantasy. Top authorities in percussion have proclaimed that Jackson's works are filling a void in the percussion community that is often not addressed. Dr. Jackson performs regularly across the country on a regular basis as well as presenting percussion masterclasses. In the Percussive Arts Society International Collegiate Snare Competition, he placed in the top 10 four consecutive years and top 4 two years. As an educator, Greg served as a consultant to three Drum Corps International Individuals Champions in 2004, 2005, and 2007 as well as the 2006 Percussive Arts Society International Competition Collegiate Champion. Greg has performed with numerous artists including Tito Puente Jr., Son Caliente, Nancy Zeltsman, Michael Burritt, Tomas Cruz, and Bob Mintzer of the Yellow Jackets. He has regular bi-weekly performances with the bands Basic Element and Low Voltage. Jackson proudly endorses Remo Inc., Pearl Percussion, and Pro-mark sticks and mallets.
- Author(s)Dr Gregory Jackson
- Date of Publication06/04/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight95 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.