All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.40
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.80
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.46
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.48
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a compelling, introspective account of the life of Isabella TaniKumi, who takes her readers on a journey through various phases of her remarkable life- from her family's survival during the devastating earthquake of 1970 in Huaraz, Peru, to the trials of overcoming heartbreaks of her youth. Conquering personal insecurities led to exploring the reaches of her intellect while facing the tragic, and untimely death of her beloved sister, Laura. Despite language barriers and the consequent obstacles of fitting in, Tanikumi wittily narrates her struggles with her assimilation into American life and culture. Forging many enduring friendships most tably with Julie, who rescued her from the depths of grief. Tanikumi also interweaves a dialogue with her long lost love Eduardo. This vel tacitily and expressly addresses Eduardo as a salient recipient of her reflections. Ultimately, Tanikumi is able to share her gratitude and joy as well as her insatiable thirst for life.
- Author(s)Isabella Tanikumi
- Date of Publication07/02/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.