All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $7.52Trending at AU $8.17
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.65
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.29
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.74
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $27.99
About this product
- DescriptionAn introduction to the rich history of Yemen and its strong relationship with Britain - from the first Yemeni sailors who immigrated to Britain in the 19th century, to the British Crown colony in Aden and right up to the integration of Yemeni communities into British society today. The Yemeni community has been a part of British society since the late 1890's and was one of the first Muslim communities to settle here. British Yemenis have lived here for over 100 years, fighting for Britain in both world wars and contributing to British society in many other ways. This book is a celebration of their achievements.
- Author BiographyGamiel Yafai: Gamiel spent 15 years in publishing before moving on to work in the world of equality and diversity 10 years ago.Abdulalem Alshamery: Abdulalem Alshamery has been the Editor-in-Chief of Yemen Voice Magazine for over eleven years.
- Author(s)Abdulalem Alshamery,Gamiel Yafai
- PublisherGilgamesh Publishing
- Date of Publication05/09/2013
- LanguageArabic & English
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGilgamesh Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width166 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.