All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.20Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $44.56
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionIn a remote Spanish village Yerma, a woman of full of life and passion, longs for a child but is unable to conceive. This compelling and elemental tale of a woman's quest for a child taps into some of the most universal themes of theatre - love, passion, sexuality, marriage. In this adaptation, Pam Gems has stripped the text to the poetic core of Lorca's words in all their epic glory. Vibrant and sweeping, combining elements of dance and song, Yerma is an exhilarating theatrical event.
- Author BiographyFG Lorca (1898-1936) is Spain's major poet and playwright. Alongside 'Yerma', his plays include 'Blood Wedding', 'Marianna Pineda' and 'The House of Bernarda Alba'. Pam Gems' first major success was Dusa, Fish, Stas and Vi staged in 1976. Among her other best-known works are Piaf (1978), Camille (1984), The Danton Affair (1986), The Blue Angel (1991), The Snow Palace (1997) and Stanley (1997), based on the life of the painter Stanley Spencer, first produced at the RNT.
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication13/02/2003
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleAbsolute Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAbsolute Classics
- Weight113 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edited byPam Gems
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.