Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionYesterday's Heroes doesn't pretend to be a definitive list of the best horses over fence and timber, instead it is an entertaining and informative look at some of the finest and most fascinating horses jump racing has ever seen. Every horse hero featured in the book has his own unique, sometimes heartbreaking, story. Be it a titanic battle of champions racing head-to-head, the emergence of a new superstar or the final hurrah of an aging favourite you will want to read again and again. From the tragic story of One Man to the brilliance of Desert Orchid, the majesty of Silver Buck to the faltering steps of Crisp, there is something here for everyone to enjoy. More recent heroes such as Viking Flagship, Baracouda and Moscow Flyer stand alongside old favourites such as Sea Pigeon and Comedy of Errors. The final chapter takes a dispassionate look at the age old question 'who is the greatest,' offering insightful arguments regarding the main choices. Yesterday's Heroes is based on Graham's columns of the same name written for Racing Ahead magazine.
- Author BiographyHorses, in one way or another, have occupied the greater part of Graham's life. From the countless games of Totopoly and Escalado as a child to standing outside the bookies from around the age of ten while his older brother placed his pocket money on his chosen fancies, he has always loved racing. Since 1995 Graham has been writing the Yesterday's Heroes articles for Racing Ahead magazine.
- Author(s)Graham Buddry
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication10/11/2011
- SubjectEquestrian & Animal Sports
- Place of PublicationMarket Harborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.