All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $90.64
- AU $41.00Trending at AU $52.52
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $14.80
- AU $12.29Trending at AU $17.31
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $24.15
About this product
- DescriptionThe tanned farmer stood under the windmill in the hot, cloudless July afteron. His soiled blue cotton shirt was buttoned to the collar. Before him, his nineteen-year-old son, ramrod straight in his immaculate marine dress blues, lamented, -Dad, if only I could turn back just a few months, then I wouldn't be in this predicament.- The father, his jaw set, gazing up at the windmill vanes, quiet in the summer calm, uttered softly, -You can't pump water with yesterday's wind.- Born in 1922 to a simple farming family in rural Colorado, Andrew Hubbard is athletic, handsome, and intelligent. Andy's childhood is a balancing act between the academic world he loves so dearly and the farming culture surrounding him. Maturing into a young man, he is on track to fulfilling his dream of becoming a doctor and marrying his high school sweetheart. World War II put the plans of a generation on hold, and Andy was exception. After joining the United States Marines and facing a long and bloody war, Andy fights t only for his country but also for his ability to make it home to the life he treasures. Based on a true story.
- Author(s)Albert Bartlett
- Date of Publication06/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight762 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.